Monday, November 29, 2010

Hi! My name is Pepper

Hi.

My name is Pepper.

I am a miniature poodle (or so they think; there might be some other stuff mixed in).

My regal pose!


A couple of years ago, I was lost, and a nice woman (I call her Mom, now) found me and adopted me. One day I will tell you about that. 

Today I live with in a house in Israel, with my family (mom, pop, some older kids, another dog, and a really stupid cat). 

I love people, love life, love food and love to play. I love my Mom most of all. One day I think I will try to superglue myself to her.
Honey, Mom (Linda) and Me!

Since I've been at this house, there is one special day every week (well, most weeks) were we (Mom, the other dog, and I) hop in the car (I love cars!) and go to this huge field where there is all sorts of neat equipment to jump and climb on and in. This is called "Agility." Agility has got to be one of the most fun things a dog can do (other than rolling in a dead animal, I guess). I love it! Mom loves taking me to Agility, because she says I have a lot more "drive" for it than Honey. (Honey is the other dog. She is kind of wimpy, and doesn't like running around much.)

Mom also loves teaching me other things. I love learning lots of new tricks. My favorite one is where I bring her a tissue when she sneezes. I also know how to pick up my toys and put them in my toy basket, and I can pick up clothespins off the ground when she drops them when she is hanging wet clothes up on lines outside.

Here's the tissue trick:


Now mom wants to teach me "Canine Freestyle." This is where the dog and their human do moves together to music.

Here's a link to a really famous Freestyle team - Carolyn Scott and Rookie, the golden retriever, and here's one to  Kate and Gin (border collie) at he finals of Britain's Got Talent, 2008.

Canine Freestyle is really complicated. And I think it's really going to be a big adventure to learn it. So that is why I have started this dog blog. I hope you will enjoy my adventure with me.

Please stay tuned for more posts!

All my love,

Pepper

3 comments:

  1. Pepper, please can you come and teach my children (11 and 14) to pick up their toys and put them away?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie,
    I learn a lot with the clicker. In an upcoming post I will describe how clicker-training works, and then you can use a clicker to train your children. You will find it effective and fast!
    Pepper

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a neat trick with the kleenex.

    ReplyDelete