Saturday, December 4, 2010

In the Beginning, Part 2.

Today was a  nice lazy day. Yesterday, of course, was the agility group, which I love, and I had a great time. Linda brought with "Profiteroles" for the group to celebrate the success of my obedience test the week before.

We came home exhausted, especially Linda, who could barely stay awake for dinner, and then fell asleep on the sofa!

Today my friend, Minnie, came over with Tamar, and we all went to the field for a nice run. I also rolled in the dirt -- such fun. Just too bad it wasn't really stinky. I love stinky!

Minnie and Me

 Anyways, today I will tell you how it ended up that I am still at this house.

As you may recall, I was found in Feb. 2008, and Linda promised her husband that, like three other little black dogs that she had found before, she would find me another home too. And she really thought she would. Little did she know, that I had a PLAN.

My plan was to be so damn cute, that she would not be able to let me go. First of all, I showed her how smart I was, and how I could learn stuff really quickly.

Second, I made sure that I was really entertaining! The thing that really amused her was that I would take a ball in my mouth, throw it, and then run after it and catch it. I am a self-entertaining dog! I could tell she was enchanted. Also many people told her how cute I am, and asked how she could possible give me up?

(I know this video doesn't look very impressive, but you can get the idea.)


I knew my PLAN had worked when some people actually took an interest in taking me...but she told them she would think about it. Mwahahah!

So now we had to convince HIM! Her husband was,back, it's already March, and he's starting to bug her about "How long is it taking you to find a home for that dog?" He's sitting with Linda on the couch, and  I get the tennis ball and do that throw-catch-throw catch thing. And then she starts about...having two dogs isn't much more work than one, it's company for Honey, he's so cute...and before you know it, we have convinced him that I was to stay! Yipeeeee!!!

Once that was decided, though, it was time to do the formal adoption. So off we went to the vet. Before you know it I had gained a microchip, and lost some private parts (I won't go into that...!) I also got stuck with needles against rabies, distemper, parvo and whatever else they think might get me! They named me "Pepper" because I am so full of pep and verve...and it's a nice condiment alongside "Honey."  

And that is how I became a part of the family.

A sofa, a blanket and my bone. Heaven!


See you all again,

Pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment